October 16 - 21, 2021
MAX GROUP SIZE: 10
Emilia-Romagna for Epicureans with Chef Cameron Grant
ICONIC ITALIAN FLAVORS CRAFTED BY HAND
Join Executive Chef & Co-Owner of Chicago’s acclaimed Osteria Langhe, Chef Cameron Grant, for a culinary journey through the epicurean heart of Emilia-Romagna. Together we’ll uncover legendary food traditions from Culatello and Mortadella in Bologna
to the boutique Pignoletto vintages of the Colli Bolognese, and savor the made by hand legacy of Modena, from Parmigiano Reggiano and Aceto Balsamico to Lambrusco and Tortellini, before celebrating the artistry of the region’s most iconic gastronomic genius.
October 16 – 21, 2021
6 Days / 5 Nights
Limited to 10 spots
$5,990/per person, based on double occupancy*
$6,990/per person, based on single occupancy *
*Airfare not included
A taste of what we'll be savoring
To view full tour details and book your spot on this exclusive culinary expedition, inquire to join The Palatum.
- Elegant stays with gourmet spirit including five-star Grand Hotel Majestic gia’ Baglioni & luxury country house Casa Maria Luigia
- Full-time assistance of a Palatum Host
- All ground transportation from start to finish
- Select touring with local guides & epicurean experts
- Daily breakfast
- Seasonally inspired lunches & dinners showcasing regional wines
- Exclusive dining at awarded gastronomic restaurants
- Hands-on cooking experiences highlighting heritage recipes
- Signature winery visits & tastings at storied producers
- Culinary immersions with acclaimed food artisans & organic farmers
- Tastings of local delicacies unique to each region
- Engaging cultural activities & all associated tickets/entrance fees
- Palatum Welcome Package in advance of departure
meet the tastemaker
meet the tastemaker
CHEF CAMERON GRANT
Executive Chef / Co-Owner,
Cameron Grant has excelled in creating food and managing kitchens over the last 15 years, starting with his University cafeteria. Within 5 years he became an executive chef of Laudisio, a family-run Italian restaurant in Boulder, Colorado. The Laudisio family provided the opportunity for Cameron to stage at Michelin-starred La Ciau Del Tornavento in the Barbaresco zone of Piemonte, Italy. Here, he gained essential respect for the Italian food culture and fell in love with the unique way of life.
Five years after his stage at La Ciau Del Tornavento, Cameron moved back to Treiso, Italy to open his own restaurant, moving with his wife and golden Labrador. As an enthusiastic Scottish-American chef, he sparked the interest of many by opening a fine dining Osteria in the heart of wine country. Surrounded by Michelin-starred chefs, he fought to give the locals something they had never seen, while incorporating local ingredients into his culturally diverse menu.
Ultimately selling his share of the restaurant to his partner, Cameron moved back to the U.S. to be closer to his family while seeking a new adventure. In 2012, Cameron was recruited by the Intercontinental Hotel in Rosemont to open their signature Mediterranean restaurant, Fresco 21. After 2 years of running the operation, Cameron found an opportunity to open Osteria Langhe with new-found friend Aldo Zanninoto, in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago.
GRAND HOTEL MAJESTIC GIA’ BAGLIONI
A storied symbol of elegance housed within a former 18th century palazzo, Grand Hotel Majestic già Baglioni is a five-star feast for the eyes in the historic heart of Bologna.
CASA MARIA LUIGIA
Former 18th century country house turned chic contemporary stay, Casa Maria Luigia is a sanctuary of Emilian taste and tradition by owners, Chef Massimo Bottura and Lara Gilmore.